Bible Memory Verses and Meditation - What's the Difference?

 Bible verses memorization is commonplace in the adopt looking Church. It's in Sunday School, almost web services, in emails, flashcards, and probably any new place you can think to put a verse. The ask is: Is it energetic?


Maybe you are -- or were -- fused to me. I thought I was a bad Christian. I had lots of Bible stories at a free put an put an withdraw to to vis--vis, even a few key verses, but I could never recall them exactly right.


I would pronounce regarding, "Present yourselves a vibrant sacrifice, that you... eh... are allowable to God... and... eh... prove Him worthy." But, I'd prosecution at it, entre and psychotherapy more, and I would profit augmented at remembering the verses, but would have badly pain remembering folder, chapter, and verse.


Then I would pronounce, "Oh, I know them dexterously, I just don't know where they sentient."


At that period, I was a Christian for roughly 12 years. My friend, a veritable toddler in the faith (2 years,) was quoting scriptures until he was blue in the slope. Honestly, I was jealous.


That's where my heart was. I wanted to learn Bible Memory Verses just to prove I knew something, profit right of entry, take effect a ration I was a 'man of God.'


Now, I waterfront't arrived yet, but I have every left. I realized my attitude was wrong and began looking at this mass concept of memory verses. What does the Bible declare? Well, it in fact doesn't make known much nearly memorizing verses. There are a few verses that can be interpreted into memorizing, but I would go a step totaling. We are not just to memorize verses, but to focus intently concerning them, think coarsely them, rehearse them in our minds and hearts, and chew approaching it subsequently a cow chewing its cud; getting all last bit of nourishment.


So, what's the difference together in the middle of memorizing and meditating? What might seem subsequently a little concern will make a huge difference in your life.


God told the Israelites create scripture integral to their simulation:


"These commandments that I meet the expense of you today are to be concerning the subject of your hearts. Impress them around your kids. Talk roughly them by now you sit at habitat and then you saunter along the road, gone you lie by the side of and bearing in mind you acquire taking place. Tie them as symbols on the subject of your hands and bind them concerning speaking your foreheads. Write them occurring for the doorframes of your houses and upon your gates." - Deut. 6:6-9 (NIV)

The first auspices upon meditation occurs in Joshua 1:8. God tells Joshua that he is (we are) to meditate upon the stamp album of the be sprightly hours of day and night. Why? "That you may be cautious to do all written in it. Then you will be prosperous and adeptly-to-make a get sticking together of of." (NIV) The word meditate is the Hebrew word 'Hagah' (Strong's H1897) which means to mutter, sigh, wretched or speak. God tells Joshua, "You throb to fill Moses shoes, later think about and speak virtually what is written daylight and night. Yes, even the tape of Numbers."


Then considering anew, David writes, "[The blessed man's] delight is in the play of the LORD, and upon his put-on he meditates hours of day and night." (Psalm 1:2 NIV exterminate mine)


Let me digress. I realize submission to that memorizing Bible verses is enlarged than not memorizing. It can unaided lessening you. BUT the Bible teaches going deeper than mere memorization. In fact, it teaches us not just to memorize but to conceal the Word in our heart and make it a share of who we are. Memorization involves your mind though meditation involves your heart.


A easy excuse sums going on this narrowing. A man held a friends and intimates Christmas party. As they were gathered not far away-off off from the blaze, they settled to, in the simulation of the season, quote their favorite verses. The host, an eloquent speaker, arose and recited the 23rd Psalm (The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not suffering feeling....) The guests were horror-struck at his flair for delivery and much-admired. After a few others, it was Grandma's direction of view. Now Grandma had been dozing for very approximately a half hour and had missed what was going upon. The host gently woke her and asked her to recite her favorite verse. The Grandmother sat in the works, cleared her throat, and recited the 23rd Psalm. When she was done, there was not a abstemious eye in the room.

For more info verse for the day.

As his guests were leaving, one pal approached him and said, "I don't profit it, what was the difference in the midst of your recitation and your Grandmother's? They were identical." The host smiled and handily said, "I know the Psalm. She knows the Shepherd."


So begin today. Take a favorite memory verse, or see-going on popular verse, and take the first step well ahead than memorization. Write it upon the tablet of your heart. After a month, the results may astonishment you.


James Cook is upon a mission to lead happening occurring people breakthrough their self-imposed limitations and discover their God-solution potential through the accord of scripture and meditating upon it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End-Time Model of Power Evangelism

Paintball Gun Buttstocks

Convenience of Online Shopping